Guildford Jazz Ticket and Admissions Terms and Conditions
Advance Booking and Payment
We accept payment by PayPal, cheque, bank transfer, or by cash on the door . Bookings should preferably be made in advance as tickets are not available on the door when events are sold out. Please call on the day to check likely availability for door sales.
We do not issue tickets for our events, but instead operate from a guest list on the night. When you arrive, simply give your name at the door. You will receive a confirmation email from us once the booking has been completed.
Photography , Video etc
No photography, video or other recording is permitted without prior agreement. The only exception to this is if you wish to take photographs without flash for your own personal use. If you do and have particularly good images please share these with us so that we can use them for publicity and marketing purposes
During performances please switch off your mobiles and other devices
Out of respect for the artists and other gig attendees, please try to keep conversations and other noise to a minimum while artists are performing during our seated gigs.
Smoking is not permitted in gigs
Young people under 18 are only admitted if accompanied by an adult.
We welcome you whether you are a regular or occasional jazzer or just want to dip your toe in the water. However attendees of any Guildford Jazz gig need to be either permanent friend members or temporary members .
Permanent friend members are entitled to a £2 discount for gigs. To join please click here
Temporary members pay £2 per gig more than permanent members for temporarily membership which lasts one week and during that week gives temporary members the same benefits as permanent members. The £2 is included in the advertised ticket price.
Please note that different and specific terms and conditions around membership may apply to any gigs which are part of multi-day festivals organised by Guildford Jazz
Guildford Jazz reserves the right to refuse admission and may request any gig attendee to leave (taking any such appropriate action which may be reasonably necessary to enforce this right) before or during
Alterations and Cancellations
Tickets may be exchanged for later performances or credit vouchers provided that you give Guildford Jazz or as appropriate not less than 2 days’ notice before the performance is due to take place.
Subject as above, tickets cannot be refunded after purchase, except where a performance has been cancelled or abandoned when less than half the performance has taken place due to any factors which are beyond reasonable control. Where monies are refunded, such refunds are limited to the face value of the tickets purchased and shall not include any booking fee or any postage credit card or PayPal charges.
All tickets are sold subject to Guildford Jazz’s right to make alterations to the advertised programme, timings, menu and prices or any other arrangements advertised our Website or elsewhere, which alterations are rendered necessary in our sole discretion by a reasonable or unavoidable cause. Notice of alterations shall only be given in respect of tickets already sold.
Guildford Jazz reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on tickets where necessary or reasonable.
- Subject to Clause 3 below, Guildford Jazz will only be liable to you for direct losses arising as a result of:
- a breach of these terms and conditions by Guildford Jazz ; and
- any fraudulent statement or negligent act by Guildford Jazz
- Guildford jazz’s total liability 1 above shall be limited to the total face value of the Tickets of the claimant.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits any liability of the Club for death or personal injury attributable to Guildford Jazz .
- Except as provided above ,Guildford Jazz will not be liable in any way if an event or performance is abandoned after more than half of it has taken place due to any factors which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Guildford Jazz will not be liable for any losses or damage incurred or suffered by you in connection with your use of our Website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the Website, for any information or Tickets obtained through the Website or for any material posted to the Website by Guildford Jazz or by users of the Website.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Guildford Jazz from and against any and all claims, losses, demands, causes of action and judgments (including legal fees and costs) arising from or concerning any breach by you of the Privacy and Cookies Policy and/or these terms and conditions and you agree to reimburse us on demand or any losses, costs or expenses we incur as a result thereof.
Venue terms and conditions
These terms and conditions shall apply in addition to any terms and conditions of specific venues. In the case of conflict between these terms and conditions the venue’s terms shall prevail.